Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of prednisone oral.

11/18/2015 9:06:25 PM

Reviewer: Becky, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was given this medication for a severe case of poison ivy. I admit I didn't want to take it but did because the rash and itching were driving me crazy. When taken previously, it made my heart race and it gave me the shakes. This time the Dr. advised taking the full dose in the morning with a good breakfast. The dosage was 60 mg decreasing every four days by 20 mg. I had a slight headache by ... Show Full Comment

11/6/2015 9:53:17 AM

Reviewer: Charlie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am hypothyroid so I felt better than usual on this med. The tendon in my thumb was inflamed and 3 days of 50mg helped considerably.

10/20/2015 10:57:48 PM

Reviewer: rachel, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Was given a fourteen day script of prednisone for my sinus inflammation and issues I've had for years. It did nothing for my sinuses, but did manage to mess up my cortisol levels severely. I was moody and emotional while on it and I kid you not, I gained almost 30 pounds. Its been a couple of months and the weight is just NOW finally starting to very slowly come off. Went to an allergist who t ... Show Full Comment

9/9/2015 9:36:36 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was given this along with a z-pak for bronchitis in both lungs by a redi care place... It made SWEAT so much I could ring my clothes out. I have never sweat that bad in my life... I HATE HATE HATE it and will ask for something different next time. I even called my family Dr and they don't even know why it's making me sweat... claimed that's not a side effect?!?! So instead of taki ... Show Full Comment

7/19/2015 2:36:55 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Prescribed this for sciatica/herniated disk pain before surgery since I couldn't take my other anti-inflammatory. I dislike how many pills I'm taking, but I have noticed a decrease in pain. I'm anxious, but that could be due to the upcoming surgery and I already take an anti-anxiety. Other than that, the only side-effect I've noticed (so far) was sweating the first few days.