Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Prednisone Oral.

1/9/2014 11:55:49 PM

Reviewer: Dewyrose, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have had asthma for years and successfully treated it with brief prednisone treatments. My asthma became uncontrolled about 4 years ago. About 1 year ago I was diagnosed with ABPA and started treatment with an antifungal and prednisone. I am slowly phasing off the prednisone and have not had a significant flare up of asthma since beginning this combination treatment 11 months ago. (The ABPA wa ... Show Full Comment

12/8/2013 9:18:50 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've had a seizure disorder for over 60 years..no seizure for 41. Whether it is lack of sleep...from Prednisone..or interaction..I have noticed several absence type seizures...it is helping me breathe...so I am going to increase my prophylactic dose of anticonvulsants for the duration of the taper.....

11/18/2013 4:01:39 AM

Reviewer: Pkilpat2, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Extreme weight loss (145 down to 124); not sleeping even with Ambien; extreme leg and foot cramps; no appetite (even after being off of Oral Prednisone for 6 months; extreme Mood Swings "steroid mania"; chronic fatigue; swelling of lymph nodes throughout my whole body and many other things that I do not have room to list here.

11/16/2013 10:20:47 AM

Reviewer: rosie, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
my breathing worsened,weigh gain,sleepless nights,irratible,nervous.my doctor won't take me off of it.should i just stop on my own?

11/1/2013 10:04:30 PM

Reviewer: adl, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
it brings quick results for me to breathe clearly. I get awful leg cramps and my eyes bother me a lot. I was not was not aware of this being a side effect of this drug. I have gotten very forgetful and have used potassium tablets to help me with the leg cramps.