Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of prednisone Oral.

3/21/2008 10:48:06 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had bronchitis for three weeks and my dr prescribed Prednisone. I got over the bronchitis but the Prednisone made me gain nine pounds in one week. I have since gained another twelve pounds and can't seem to lose. I have never had an issue with my weight until I started the Prednisone.

3/15/2008 9:46:58 AM

Reviewer: Goldie, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Was taking this for chronic sinusitis for 19 days starting with 40mg for 10 days 30mg for 3 days 20mg for 3 days then 10mg for 3 days. Had trouble staying asleep, sweating especially at night, light headaches, hunger- and when I tapered off to the 10mg dose, I noticed that my lips became red and swollen. Overall, it did improve my sinus condition.

3/12/2008 7:57:24 PM

Reviewer: mary_d4852000@yahoo.com, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I HAD ALMSOT DIED FROM BLEEDING ULCER AND SEVERE PNEMONIA THAT I DID NOT KNOW I EVEN HAD SO THE DOCTOR HAS ME ON THE STERIOD NOW AND SO FAR I CAN TELL A DIFFERENCE IN MY BREATING ALREADY THE ONLY SIDE EFFECT I FEEL IS SHAKENESS BUT THAT IS WORTH BEING ABLE TO BREATH EASIER AGAIN THANKYOU

3/11/2008 9:50:11 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on and off prednisone for many years now for Ulcerative Colitis. It is no longer helping my disease on its own. It worked well to keep my disease under control but the side effects have proven to be more bothersome than my disease itself. I experience confusion, brain foginess, dry skin, heart palpitations, anxiety, headaches, moon face, increased appetite and weight gain, periods of s ... Show Full Comment

3/8/2008 3:08:16 PM

Comment:
I've been on this for 4 days now started out on 80mg now on 60 for 3 days and gradually decrease from there. It has not stopped my back pain actually I'm worse because I am wired from it, can't sleep at all and still in pain and now i have to ride it out because you can't just stop! i just want the pain to stop!