Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of simvastatin oral.

6/26/2008 7:04:56 AM

Reviewer: rmb3005, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I am a 54 year old male with type II diabetes. I've been on a low dose (10mg) for a year because my doctor was concerned about my cholesterol because of the diabetes, even though it was only 180. Even though it's a low dose, I still have lower back pain as well as well as pain between my shoulder blades, and I don't have the same level of energy that I had prior to taking this. However ... Show Full Comment

6/25/2008 11:58:00 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I am a 62 yr old female. I take 80mg and have developed a slight cough but hope it will go away. No other side effects - have been taking for 3 months. I would advise taking at night.

6/24/2008 6:32:36 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I was so glad to read that others are having same problems arm and leg pains, exhaustion. After complaining to dr he cut medicine form40 mg to 20 mg but after reading reviews im stopping medicine and calling my doctor. I was on vitorin for years and felt great. Now crestor and this one are exhausting me. I want to feel good again.

6/14/2008 9:03:15 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Started taking Simvastatin over a year ago. I am a 62 yr old male, in good health. I exercise and watch my diet.I have had little to no side effects from this drug. It has lowered my Cholesterol from 212 to under 125 and still dropping. If I have to take a med. for this condition I don't know what other med I would take. Happy with the results "SO FAR".

6/10/2008 2:11:41 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Since being put on this medicine, I have been ill the whole time. Dizziness, light headed, muscle spasms, loose bowel movements, headaches, no energy, want to sleep all the time, depression, etc. I never thought it was the medicine until I read some of the drug ratings. I don't get blood tested until August. I was on Crestor with no problems at all. My ins. company recommended this drug b ... Show Full Comment