Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of simvastatin Oral.

6/24/2008 6:32:36 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was so glad to read that others are having same problems arm and leg pains, exhaustion. After complaining to dr he cut medicine form40 mg to 20 mg but after reading reviews im stopping medicine and calling my doctor. I was on vitorin for years and felt great. Now crestor and this one are exhausting me. I want to feel good again.

6/14/2008 9:03:15 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Started taking Simvastatin over a year ago. I am a 62 yr old male, in good health. I exercise and watch my diet.I have had little to no side effects from this drug. It has lowered my Cholesterol from 212 to under 125 and still dropping. If I have to take a med. for this condition I don't know what other med I would take. Happy with the results "SO FAR".

6/10/2008 2:11:41 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Since being put on this medicine, I have been ill the whole time. Dizziness, light headed, muscle spasms, loose bowel movements, headaches, no energy, want to sleep all the time, depression, etc. I never thought it was the medicine until I read some of the drug ratings. I don't get blood tested until August. I was on Crestor with no problems at all. My ins. company recommended this drug b ... Show Full Comment

5/31/2008 11:43:00 AM

Reviewer: alandlida, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
80 year old female. I have been on this med for a month and my left leg hurt so bad that when I went to the dr., he ordered a sonogram (no clot however, thank God) but after reading these side effects, I can understand the leg ache. My cholesterol went from 205 to 159 - so THAT worked. Also will start taking med at bedtime - was not told to do that. See if that works.

5/23/2008 6:31:28 AM

Reviewer: sue53mn, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Simvastatin 10mg the past month. Within 3 days of taking it I developed severe rashy red blothy hive-like skin outbreaks covering front neck below chin, upper chest, forearms, top of hands and severe dry skin overall. I never had skin problems, even acne as a kid. Knew it was the Rx. Clinic refused to believe it's the Rx and told me to see a dermatologist for a possible biopsy re: rai ... Show Full Comment