Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of simvastatin oral.

3/31/2008 1:48:33 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Was working, but started having extreme abdominal pain, fatigue and muscles jerking. As soon as I stopped the medication, symptoms stopped.

3/30/2008 1:24:43 PM

Reviewer: schnog, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 42 year old male, struggling with a family history of high cholesterol...and NOT wanting to take medication. started taking on Decmeber 1, 2007. On January 10th, 2008 my numbers dropped from near 300 to 160. I test again in June. Taking them at night is easier. Puting them in a pill organizor is easier. I am also looking at taking other vitamins and suplements at the same time. I am ... Show Full Comment

3/27/2008 5:23:22 PM

Reviewer: CaptKidd, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 61 year old male. I started taking Simvastatin a week ago, per my Doctors orders. I have stopped taking it because of a side effect, extreme fatigue. A side effect NOT mentioned was, it increased my depression so bad that everyday, I was almost at the point of crying. I am already diagnosed with severe depression and I do not need anything that will increase it, so all BEWARE.

3/26/2008 8:59:17 AM

Reviewer: Nixie, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Have been taking 40 MG for about a year. Stopped taking and Doc scolded me. I have trouble sleeping and very, very bad fatigue. Was told ethnicity has a lot to do with Cholesterol. I am basically Calabrese. Thinking about not taking for 2 months and getting blood checked again. Can't take this tired feeling all the time. I'll get back with the results.

4/9/2008 10:34:23 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking simvastatin 13 days ago. Two days ago I began to have blurred vision, left arm bruises, leg and muscle cramps and extreme nausea. I was taking 20mg. Cholesterol level was 279. I went to the doctor for blood work to see if this drug affected my liver and kidneys. I wasn't taking any other meds or vitamins. Doctor told me to stop taking immediately.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.