Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Vistaril oral.

2/6/2014 1:21:34 AM

Reviewer: sdh, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
The effectiveness of Vistaril against anxiety for me seems to be mostly placebo. I only take it occasionally (around twice a week, although I've pretty much given up on it) and, due to its ineffectiveness, I've worked my way up to 200 mgs per dose, still with very little benefit. It doesn't make me sleepy. I also take 300 mg seroquel and 20 mg lamictal daily (for more than a year). It ... Show Full Comment

12/12/2013 3:54:35 PM

Reviewer: kmelroy622, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've only recently been given this for isolated use during anxiety attacks, but so far, I'm pleased with the result. It works quickly, and doesn't linger in your system. I use it when I get upset to shorten the period of time I'm upset. I haven't experienced any side effects yet, but given my limited use, hopefully I won't.

11/23/2013 11:18:49 PM

Reviewer: Mbaker7030, 19-24 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Anxious
10/12/2013 1:03:34 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Anxious
9/15/2013 12:24:07 AM

Reviewer: mommytobe, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am 32 weeks pregnant and on bed rest for high blood pressure. I have had anxiety issues for a long time, and the complications have caused it to flare up. I was prescribed Vistaril, and while it does make me sleepy, I welcome that side effect because I have a hard time sleeping at night. I am prescribed 50 mg up to 4 times a day, and asked both my doctor and pharmacist if it is safe for a pregna ... Show Full Comment

stressed working woman