Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of sulfasalazine Oral.

11/10/2009 12:29:07 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Works better than Plaquenil, but still have bad hip pain. Doctor doubled my dose, now to 1000 mg 2x/day, hopefully will help. Diagnosed with RA last year, doctor resistant to putting me on a biologic, so I'm stuck with this.

11/6/2009 2:37:56 PM

Reviewer: hcaston, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
The RH prescribed this despite knowing--oir perhaps forgetting--that I have GERD tendencies. After a couple of weeks, I told her there was "something funny" about it, she told me to restart the graduated dose anyway, and then we got hit by massive snow: I assumed the mid-sternum pain I was feeling was psychically caused from the NINETY inches of snow and being totally snowed in. It wasn ... Show Full Comment

9/20/2009 2:18:03 AM

Reviewer: LaKeRGuRL86, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I've had RA for about 2 yrs. now. My Dr added on sulfasalazine in combination with MTX, but this hasn't done anything to stop my joint pain. It's a waste.

9/6/2009 2:55:48 AM

Reviewer: Pookey, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Started working immediately. Took predisone with it(one) for two weeks, I take two a day now and my hands and fingers are much better. I am now typing on my computer which i could not do before.

6/15/2009 10:28:46 AM

Reviewer: Grace, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I spent just three weeks on this drug, increasing dose each week by 500mg. I was very thirsty, drinking 3 - 5 litres of water each day, my lips were dry, I was moody and had a faint but persistent headache the entire time. The morning I was due to increase my dose again, to the full 2000mg daily, I awoke with a large blister on my lower lip and my mouth felt very tender inside. I couldn't cont ... Show Full Comment

Woman running
Boost Your Metabolism.
Tips to kick the habit.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
fat caliper
Check your BMI.
man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.