Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of sulfasalazine oral.

4/6/2014 8:58:03 PM

Reviewer: Suzette66, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with RA about 8 months ago at 47 years old. This is the 1st medicine I've been prescribed w/ Prednisone 5 mg. I have now increased to 3 500 mg tabs 2 times a day and stopped the Prednisone. Pain is definitely decreased. Hands are no longer swollen. I can type all day at work, like I used to with no problem. I still have slight pain in my knees and shoulders, but it is tole ... Show Full Comment

3/9/2014 1:32:04 PM

Reviewer: ME, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
can not urinate

3/4/2014 12:41:43 AM

Reviewer: retired teacher, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken 1000 mg of sulfasalazine twice a day for over 3 years. Pros: less swelling and stiffness in hand. Cons: ear ringing constantly, and fingers starting to bend. Since I am visually seeing my fingers bending I am concerned that it is not slowing down the progression of the disease much.

1/28/2014 12:35:03 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
reactions for me have been very dry mouth.

1/6/2014 1:08:45 PM

Reviewer: Armymom, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this med for 13 days. The first few days were great. Less pain and more mobility. Not the case now. Pain is back to normal. Have had two really bad headaches, gained 5 pounds since taking it. Don't understand that one. My eating hasn't really changed. I have indigestion now too. Not sure if I will stay on it or not. I am nauseous at times too but not too bad. I have also be ... Show Full Comment