Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of valacyclovir Oral.

9/7/2014 8:56:44 PM

Reviewer: redfaceneckarm, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My eye was irritated so I went to an ophthalmologist and was told I had a dendrite on my eye and was prescribed Valacyclovir 1 gm 3XD for 10 days. By day 5, I noticed a very slight redness on the exposed skin on my face, neck and arms. By the time I finished my 10 day course, I was even more red - like a sunburn, and about 4 days after I finished, my face started peeling like it had been a sunburn ... Show Full Comment

4/28/2014 3:33:20 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
have a very small patch (1"X1") on the curve of my jaw/chin. 2 days after the first patch, started to take valacyclovir oral and it seems to be drying out within 24 hours after first dosage - made me very sleepy and grogy (thus explains the warning not to operate heavy machinery). seems like it's doing the job!

4/28/2014 12:02:29 AM

Reviewer: Stew, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My neck broke out very bad, my nerve on the side of my neck, throat & ear was very painful. Went to ER after 2-3 days of my outbreak, I was put on a 7-day plan. After 2-days of taking this pill my blisters started drying up. I do not have any blisters showing up in any other area. I was given pain medicines to take along with this. This is a great pill to take.

4/11/2014 10:02:08 AM

Reviewer: BD123, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking it 2 days after shingles rash first appeared. The rash started healing within a day or 2 after starting Valacyclovir. It made the shingles very mild. No side effects from it, and no other medication needed.

3/24/2014 9:48:08 PM

Reviewer: Mrs S, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Initial treatment was 7 days symptoms were arrested greatly. 3 days after treatment had out break of rash in another area, was put on a second month long treatment, after about 4 days started getting extreme nausea after each dose, but shingle symptoms were arrested once again.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.