Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of valacyclovir oral.

12/26/2014 4:44:38 PM

Reviewer: amy82, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have now had shingles 5 times in the last 2 1/2 yrs, each time I have taken Valacyclovir 1gm 3 times a day for 10 days. After 2-3 days the blisters and pain have gone away. Finish 10 day prescription each time.

12/2/2014 3:00:14 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Took valacyclovir oral within 2-3 days from shingles outbreak. Been on med for three days. Worked well with outbreak but side effects very disturbing: headache, constipation, stomach pain, tiredness, light headedness. Will report back to doctor for direction.

9/7/2014 8:56:44 PM

Reviewer: redfaceneckarm, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    My eye was irritated so I went to an ophthalmologist and was told I had a dendrite on my eye and was prescribed Valacyclovir 1 gm 3XD for 10 days. By day 5, I noticed a very slight redness on the exposed skin on my face, neck and arms. By the time I finished my 10 day course, I was even more red - like a sunburn, and about 4 days after I finished, my face started peeling like it had been a sunburn ... Show Full Comment

4/28/2014 3:33:20 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    have a very small patch (1"X1") on the curve of my jaw/chin. 2 days after the first patch, started to take valacyclovir oral and it seems to be drying out within 24 hours after first dosage - made me very sleepy and grogy (thus explains the warning not to operate heavy machinery). seems like it's doing the job!

4/28/2014 12:02:29 AM

Reviewer: Stew, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    My neck broke out very bad, my nerve on the side of my neck, throat & ear was very painful. Went to ER after 2-3 days of my outbreak, I was put on a 7-day plan. After 2-days of taking this pill my blisters started drying up. I do not have any blisters showing up in any other area. I was given pain medicines to take along with this. This is a great pill to take.