Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of valacyclovir oral.

9/10/2013 9:10:25 PM

Reviewer: review valacyclovir, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Do not use this if you have hypertension; side effects of swelling of ankles and feet and increased BP.

9/1/2013 4:17:00 PM

Reviewer: Ciocic, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Another rash appeared at a different location, much worse than the original after 7 days taking the medication . Shortness of breath after climbing stairs. Swelling around abdominal area.

8/2/2013 5:25:32 PM

Reviewer: Steve, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 65 year old male. I came down with shingles on a Saturday. A rash broke out on my lower back and starting burning and itching that night. Looked up info on shingles and saw pictures that looked like my rash. Went to an Urgent Care center Sunday morning and was quickly diagnosed with shingles and put on steroids and Valacyclovir. Worked amazingly well. I never blistered and pain greatly redu ... Show Full Comment

7/26/2013 12:38:34 AM

Reviewer: Val, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I do not get the rash or blisters when I get shingles so it takes me longer to realize that is the problem. I was nine days into the shingle outbreak when the doctor prescribed this medication for me and it is helping relieve the pain and itching.

6/15/2013 11:44:06 AM

Reviewer: grannykc, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had chest wall pain on my left side from under my shoulder blade around to my breast for 5 days and went to the emergency room because we were out of state. They didn't find any reason for the pain. we got home 2 days later and I saw my doctor immediately. He prescribed Acyclovir and I took that for 4 days before the rash finally broke through. Went back and he prescribed Valacyclovir and ... Show Full Comment