Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of valacyclovir oral.

2/21/2012 7:59:16 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took medication for three days and nothing improved . In fact, the itching increased along with a tremendous rash from the back of my neck to across my shoulder and down my left arm. The doctor changed my meds to acyclovir and within two hours itching subsided.

1/16/2012 1:11:35 PM

Reviewer: Anne Marie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My shingles started with a headache and a zigging pain in my head, which lasted all day. I realized I must have shingles even though there was no rash. Next day I went to the doctor. The nurse said if I didn't have the rash, they can't diagnose shingles. I told her I looked shingles up on WebMD and was pretty sure I was coming down with it because of the zigging headache. Met with doct ... Show Full Comment

10/18/2011 3:42:48 PM

Reviewer: mom-of-two, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This is my second day of taking this medication and so far so good other than I am dizzy and have nausea. Nausea I can deal with but the dizziness is driving me crazy. Going to keep drinking water or gatorade to see if extra fluids help.

8/15/2011 10:21:28 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
It has worked beyond what I had expected for my shinglea. Each day I see an improvement.

5/15/2011 10:47:50 PM

Reviewer: Tip, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and was taking methotrexate for over a year when I came down with shingles. I’m running a 101 fever, my left eye was totally involved, my head felt like it was going to explode all I wanted to do was curl up in my bed and die. After 3 days I finally got in to see my doc who said I had a staph infection and prescribed 2 expensive antibiotics (which did nothing) and some ... Show Full Comment

Woman running
Boost Your Metabolism.
Tips to kick the habit.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
fat caliper
Check your BMI.
man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.