Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of spironolactone Oral.

9/19/2008 12:33:14 PM

Reviewer: llpintegrity, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken this medication for about 5 years now for hyperaldosteronism resulting in elevated blood pressure. It "blocks" hormones from the adrenal glands and has worked well. Dose of 50 mg/da BPs finally well under control after trying different BP meds over the years. Gynecomastia, cough, dry throat,loss of labido, increased blood sugars all side effects for me. Now diagnosed wit ... Show Full Comment

9/8/2008 9:55:02 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this for adult acne along with topical retin A ,,can anyone tell me how long it takes to start seeing results? Any info would be helpful!

9/2/2008 1:56:05 AM

Comment:
I began taking this medication about four months ago. I take 50 mg a day. I was told to take it in the morning, but I am unable to workout and I feel tired all day long. The initial dizziness and breast tenderness has gone away. I do notice that urinated more frequently. The acne has reduced by 70 percent. I'll try it for another five months.

6/8/2008 6:14:52 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had to be rushed to the ER this past Friday because of the medication. My dermatologist told me to take this because it works good for hormonal acne. I broke out in hives, my feet were swollen so bad I could not walk, my eyes almost swollen shut and I was thirsty. I had to be pumped with liquid benadryl and prednisone at the ER. It was terrible and I am not taking the medication anymore. Watch o ... Show Full Comment

6/4/2008 8:21:35 AM

Reviewer: Jenster76, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Have been taking this for acne, have had awful muscle soreness since taking. Is this normal?