Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Benicar oral.

11/20/2015 6:19:10 PM

Reviewer: txlady, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Even though Benicar has controlled my BP better than some other medications tried, I have had many problems with dehydration and higher than normal creatinine levels. I have terrible head sweating when doing even small amounts of work. Doing any work at all results in sopping wet hair.

10/15/2015 2:23:28 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I am diabetic and my physician prescribed it as a preventative for high blood pressure, although it has never been high. Almost immediately after starting it my family started getting very frustrated with me having short term memory problems. It got worse and worse rapidly to the point that I couldn't remember how to do routine tasks at work and home. I honestly thought I was rapidly developin ... Show Full Comment

7/13/2015 1:12:37 PM

Reviewer: Dizzylr, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    I'm a 52 year old male who has been taking this drug for 10+ years. Side effects will sneak up on you with this medication. Yes, it did control my BP. I have a long list of side effects that are to may to list here. Extreme fatigue and breathing issues are my latest problem. My joints ache and I feel like I'm falling apart. Before I started this medication, I was a healthy active man ... Show Full Comment

6/4/2015 3:10:20 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have tried all my life to avoid doctors and medication but at the age of 43 had to begin treating high BP. Tried two other meds. little or no positive results. Benicar has maintained BP at very good levels at low dosage with zero side effects. I don't recommend taking drugs but if it's absolutely necessary I would recommend this one.

5/22/2015 7:56:08 PM

Reviewer: JFindy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Switched from lisinopril to Benicar because of the chronic cough and continual sinus infections I was getting from taking the ACE inhibitor. My cough cleared up in two days after the switch, and as long as I take the medication at night, I'm not bothered by dizziness.