Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Portia oral.

1/29/2013 3:45:48 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I feel so much better after reading these reviews. My doctor also switched me from Levora to Portia over a year ago. When I think back, I'm amazed I didn't see the correlation between my weight gain, mood swings and low libido until now. Right at the time of the switch, I moved in with my boyfriend and got a huge job promotion. My work and travel schedule were so hectic, I assumed the l ... Show Full Comment

8/21/2012 10:02:39 PM

Reviewer: e.soren, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I absolutely love this BC. I have been on three other types and had headaches, heavy periods, and awful cramps with all the others. I have loved Portia and haven't become pregnant for the three years I have been on it, in spite of forgetting to take it for 12 hours on a few days per cycle. I forgot to take it for 7 days (first 7) and didn't have any weird periods.

7/28/2012 6:48:01 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who was switched from Levora to Portia. I've only been on Portia for about 2 months, but this is the WORST pill I've been on. While on Levora, I didn't have any of the mood swings, yet I do with Portia. I also feel like I could rip someone's head off since I've been on this pill. My periods only lasted 3-4 days on Levora, an ... Show Full Comment

7/24/2012 4:32:19 PM

Reviewer: JLS, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
When I first started Portia I felt like I could kill someone. My mood has leveled out for the most part but my acne has come back. I feel like I am 16 and my hair has been falling out. My hair has never fell out and it doesn't run in my family. Check with the docs about what is going on. Thinking I need a switch.

6/27/2012 10:39:51 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have only been on this Portia for a few months, but I am miserable. My pharmacist, like many of the other reviewers have said, switched me from Levora (no problems with that) claiming that it was the same thing. Within the first day I would say I had extreme nausea and I got extremely dizzy at night. My boyfriend has also noticed and commented on mood swings and on how I get irritated easily. I ... Show Full Comment