Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Portia Oral.

1/24/2011 7:22:15 PM

Reviewer: cro, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
pros: prevented pregnancy cons: made my acne go from mild to TERRIBLE intense mood swings depression etc

1/7/2011 5:43:26 PM

Reviewer: my_scoop, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
For the last three years I switched between Nordette, Portia, and Levora (They are all the same pill but Portia and Levora are the generic version of Nordette). The first two years were fantastic. My bleeding noticeably lessened each month, no nausea, no weight gain, or tender breasts, and the pain of menstrual cramps drastically decreased. Plus, I did not get pregnant. However, in the third ye ... Show Full Comment

8/27/2010 3:58:41 PM

Reviewer: missangie, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
extreme moodiness, anxious, increased wt, craving for carbs. alot.

8/9/2010 12:08:34 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I got on it for birth control, and also to see if it would help clear up my acne. It has not worked for my acne, although it's kept me baby-free! It regulates my period well, but it has made me EXTREMELY moody just about every day. I feel like I'm PMSing all of the time. I'm going to switch, I'm sick of feeling sad and mad all the time.

6/1/2010 12:48:34 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
It has cleared up my acne and made my breasts larger. However, my weight has gone up and has been much harder to work off. I have always been active and my weight was never an issue until taking this. Other side effects include more cramping during my period which I never had before taking this.