Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Portia oral.

4/3/2012 1:45:24 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    Though this BC did its job and I did not get pregnant, I experienced many side effects including acne, moodiness, heavy periods, and cramps - none of which I had before taking this pill. I've switched to Junel Fe (the generic of Loestrin Fe) and after a week and a half, my acne is clearing up and my mood is back to normal.

3/10/2012 10:04:18 PM

Reviewer: tiifanyh, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    sometimes my stomach oftens hurts and i get bad headeaches

1/12/2012 4:23:21 PM

Reviewer: dakater, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on BC for over a decade and Levora for over 5 years with no problems. The pharmacist substituted Portia for my prescription over the past three months, insisting it was the same. In the first month, I noticed more pain and bloating with my period. Over the next two months, I became depressive, full of rage and hysterical. Also, I lost my appetite, and even though I was eating less, I ... Show Full Comment

9/27/2011 12:05:49 AM

Reviewer: AlisonF, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have only been on this BC for a week. And I and everyone around me has noticed a change in my personality and mood swings. I have been extremely irritable and easily depressed. And my acne was very minimal and has worsened. I need a switch.

4/6/2011 11:00:11 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I was on Levora until I moved to a different town and this town doesn't have Levora at their pharmacy. They said it was another generic for the same drug. Almost instantly I noticed a change. It still works to prevent pregnancy, but I've gained weight, had bacterial infections and vaginal itching. I'm married, no STD's (they tested when I went to the OB/GYN about the itching), ... Show Full Comment