Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mucinex Oral.

4/16/2008 1:14:47 PM

Reviewer: Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
This is the second time I have used this medication and both times I experienced pretty severe ear and jaw pain.

3/30/2008 2:33:14 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took the 12 hour extended release Mucinex that is just the cough expectorant. It worked wonders on clearing up the mucus that was caused by pneumonia. The doctor had told me to keep taking it if I felt it was helping, and it really did. Also, I liked the fact the I only had to take it twice a day.

3/29/2008 1:19:51 PM

Reviewer: phlegm, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took the mucinex dm for my tight chest.. I always end up with bronchitis after a cold, as soon as I feel my chest start to tighten I take this for 2 days and it does work. Only side effect is a sleepy feeling. Noticing some of these other reviews I wonder how many of those people actually were taking Mucinex D which is a decongestant, that will cause lightheadness , speedy feeling..

3/28/2008 7:36:31 PM

Reviewer: Sherri, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
The 1st time I used Mucinex,I used the 1200mg pack, it kept me up for 36hr straight but it did loosen the congestion so that I could COUGH IT OUT (that is its purpose. not a cough supressant as others have written) This time I bought the 600mg and had no trouble sleeping. I've dealt with brochitis most of my life and if you have chest congestion, this is the best OTC drug you can get. You d ... Show Full Comment

3/24/2008 7:58:16 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had chest congestion that I was put on an anti biotic for and Mucinex to break it up. Within one day of use, I had no movement in the chest and broke out into hives for the first time in my life all over that itched badly. I assumed it was the anti biotic as the same had occured with my son before with one. This was the first time I had taken Mucinex and it never occured to me that it was it. ... Show Full Comment