Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mucinex oral.

2/24/2008 10:38:42 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Though it did loosen the phlem on my chest, it didn't supress the cough very well - so I still sucked on a cough supprecent lozenge. But after 1 dose, I experienced an unexpected deep sleep followed by a feeling of dizziness and unsure footing when I awakened. No mention of drowsiness on any of the labeling. I don't think I'd take this again

2/22/2008 2:31:16 AM

Reviewer: Can't sleep w/o NyQuil, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I don't see much results for my cough for the last 3 days. NyQuil is much more effective for the cough and allows you to sleep ! My husband had the same cough and congestion but didn't find any relief at night for his cough. What a waste of money. Cheaper to use NyQuil instead.

2/20/2008 6:01:19 PM

Reviewer: Judy in Santa Cruz, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I came to this website trying to find info on Mucinex after taking my first dose a couple of hours ago. I thought maybe I should go to Urgent Care, but I am too dizzy to drive. Now I see dizziness is common. The box should warn you. The Mucinex website just has cartoons! Thanks WebMD! (And my cough IS much better!)

2/18/2008 7:28:26 PM

Reviewer: lady3, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Went to Doctor with 101 temp. Put on antibolic and Mucinex for chest congestion. After 2 days temp was down and coughing less. I could not understand why I was getting stomach cramps and dizzy feeling, until I read other peoples problem. I could find no side effect information on the package. I will not take this medicine again.

2/17/2008 2:39:09 AM

Reviewer: Fifi, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had a horrible cough and couldn't sleep for 2 days. Head pounding and chest area hurting from coughing so much. Took this in the evening of second day of being ill and felt better by the next morning. Not much coughing and when I do it's actually productive. I did take this in conjunction w/going to the doctor and getting antibiotics but after 3 days of being on meds I'm still feelin ... Show Full Comment