Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of mucinex oral.

4/19/2008 11:07:19 PM

Reviewer: sjm, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This medicine actually made me feel "high".I felt dizzy/lightheaded and actually had difficulty having an intelligent conversation. I had difficulty remembering things. Its like all of my brain pistons were not firing in order! The cough would supress but once the mucus started thinning out the coughing fits continued until near vomiting. I will not take this product again.

4/17/2008 7:24:09 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I love Mucinex!! Whenever I take this stuff, my chest is much clearer before the day is over. I have stopped using my nebulizer because Mucinex helps my congestion much better!

4/16/2008 1:14:47 PM

Reviewer: Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
This is the second time I have used this medication and both times I experienced pretty severe ear and jaw pain.

3/30/2008 2:33:14 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took the 12 hour extended release Mucinex that is just the cough expectorant. It worked wonders on clearing up the mucus that was caused by pneumonia. The doctor had told me to keep taking it if I felt it was helping, and it really did. Also, I liked the fact the I only had to take it twice a day.

3/29/2008 1:19:51 PM

Reviewer: phlegm, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took the mucinex dm for my tight chest.. I always end up with bronchitis after a cold, as soon as I feel my chest start to tighten I take this for 2 days and it does work. Only side effect is a sleepy feeling. Noticing some of these other reviews I wonder how many of those people actually were taking Mucinex D which is a decongestant, that will cause lightheadness , speedy feeling..

chest x-ray