Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of escitalopram oral.

12/28/2012 1:00:27 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Have taken the brand name Lexapro for years and have had a dramatic improvement in my depression; the generic is not as effective after just a few days on the generic my mood deteriorates and my depression increases. It seems gradual at first but I notice a significant increase in my anxiety and anger.

12/20/2012 12:46:52 AM

Reviewer: Bud452752, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have used this drug off and on for a period of 5 yrs and highly recommend it. It helped me get through the loss of two brothers within 5 months of each other and currently I started back taking them again as I decided to quit smoking and they have helped me (now 9 months) smoke-free with anxiety, depression, feeling like I lost my best friend. No side effects that I'm aware of but have exp ... Show Full Comment

12/19/2012 1:19:09 AM

Reviewer: James, 13-18 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I feel happier with hardly no side affects. I don't eat very much. I feel a little tried sometimes. Overall, I'm satisfied with the drug.

11/1/2012 12:45:19 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female (Patient)

Comment:
Generic Lexapro. Teva brand from pharmacy. Had used brand name for years. switched to generic, found loss of effects, poor results, poor mood, very much more depressed. considering whether can afford to pay for name brand or will try a different generic or anti depressant.

10/10/2012 11:40:35 AM

Reviewer: KAT, Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
The BRAND Name medication Lexapro has been great in helping me. I have taken it for a couple years now. I am grateful for the Brand Name Lexapro by Forest Pharmaceuticals. The GENERIC form of Escitalopram is HORRIBLE!! - In brief - in a matter of days I experienced extreme; anxiety, uncontrollable crying, feelings of extreme aggression to the point of wanting to hurt others or myself. Insur ... Show Full Comment