Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lexapro oral.

5/16/2016 4:17:10 PM

Reviewer: amm093, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    it helps, stick with it

5/7/2016 10:14:56 PM

Reviewer: mhg123, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    So I became depressed after a traumatic death of my only sibling. I'm not a fan of taking drugs to "fix" a symptom (I consider depression to be a symptom of a larger problem) but I was so behind in everything and I needed to get myself up to speed again so my doctor prescribed 10mg of Lexapro and told me to take it at night. It was horrible. The first night, I took the drug and went ... Show Full Comment

3/18/2016 5:19:09 PM

Reviewer: BlueLady, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    I get seasonal depression. I begin taking Lexapro in September and can usually wean myself off of it in March, but I just lost my beloved dog of 8.8 years to cancer and so I will take the Lexapro for another few weeks since I was crying uncontrollably UNTIL I increased my dosage from .025 mg to .05 mg I found taking .05 makes me a bit tired, but its better to be tired than depressed.

3/3/2016 8:47:34 AM

Reviewer: anne, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    I had a major depressive episode that led me to the doctor for help. She started me on Lexapro 10mg per day. I felt worse for about a week with extreme anxiety and no energy. I just laid on the couch and waited for the medicine to take effect. The first thing that happened was a return of my appetite after 2 weeks of Lexapro. Bit by bit I got better. After 4 weeks on Lexapro, I felt great an ... Show Full Comment

2/22/2016 5:06:02 PM

Reviewer: feeling better, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Been taken 10 mg. for the last 5 years. no side effects . this drug does work if you take it daily. it well help your depression.