Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lexapro Oral.

5/9/2015 5:02:45 AM

Reviewer: JP, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've always had intense anxiety and obsessive-compulsive tendencies. I've been diagnosed with PTSD, depression, anorexia, EDNOS, anxiety disorder. A year ago, after a 20-year battle, I admitted myself into residential treatment for an eating disorder. The eating disorderwas my coping mechanism to self medicate, in a sense: starvation made my highs less intense and gave me purpose durin ... Show Full Comment

4/29/2015 2:31:01 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Was taking it for dysthymia (which I don't believe I have by the way), it did absolutely nothing. Took it for 3 months exclusively because my psychiatrist pleaded with me to stick to it. Had withdrawal symptoms for about a month despite the low dose I was on (10mg).

4/19/2015 8:58:46 AM

Reviewer: Kayte, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I took Lexapro for about a year, and in that year, I have never been so anxious and depressed in my life. It doubled my depression to the point at which it was unbearable. I've had a couple friends that also took it as well that have had bad experiences with it. It also made me eat a lot more and gain almost 10 pounds.

3/16/2015 12:15:01 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
This SSRI works better for me than the others. It definitely controls my depression/anxiety disorder. Two side effects are problematic: weight gain and trouble achieving orgasm. I have found the benefits outweigh the side effects. I wish a 15-mg. tablet was available. A 10-mg dose leaves me vulnerable to depression symptoms, while a 20-mg dose is too sedating. I take about 15 mg. per day by split ... Show Full Comment

3/15/2015 9:50:53 PM

Reviewer: love4dogs, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Lexapro made me constantly nauseous and lightheaded. It also increased the number of migraines and headaches I had.

Does your kid have symptoms?