Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lexapro.

10/27/2007 1:59:29 AM

Reviewer: Melodious, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
I was on this drug for about 6 weeks and noticed a very positive change in my mood as well as less panic attacks with anxiety. However, right about the six week mark, I woke one morning to swelling in my hands and feet three times the normal size. I could not fit into my shoes. Also, my limbs ached terribly like I have never experienced before. My feet hurt to walk on our hardwood floor, I co ... Show Full Comment

10/26/2007 11:48:32 PM

Reviewer: Catpurrrson, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
This treatment has been mostly successful for me. The only thing that I have had with it is the fact that since I have been on it I rarely show any emotion. I hardly ever cry no matter what the situation is and that has even included the death of my husband of 27 years.

10/26/2007 2:54:43 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor put me on Lexapro during a difficult period of my life. It caused me to have a flat affect as noticed by a friend who didn't know I was taking anything. Also, I had an incredible weight gain of 30 pounds in about 6 months. I experienced a lack of sex drive and also the inability to have an orgasm. My husband was away for eight months and I wasn't interested in having sex at al ... Show Full Comment

10/26/2007 1:09:43 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
Almost immediately I noticed a lifting of my mood, less anxiety, and better sleep at night.

10/26/2007 10:22:47 AM

Reviewer: andrew, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.