Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lexapro oral.

10/28/2007 4:43:31 PM

Reviewer: Corrie, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more

Comment:
    Without Lexapro my life would not be like it is today. My daughter was murdered 31 months ago, and I am raising her three children. Lexapro has kept me on an even path, I have no side effects, and life seems as normal as it can be. I highly recommend Lexapro, I can't live without it.

10/28/2007 4:32:41 PM

Reviewer: Bud, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking antidepressants since 1970 and recently came to believe that my depression has been caused by anxiety--worrying constantly sends me into depression. Lexapro is the first antidepressant (others:elavil, norpramin, prozac, wellbutrin) which has effectively suppressed my anxiety. I have not felt much, what I might call, joy. But I have not been deeply depressed for over 3 1/2 mon ... Show Full Comment

10/28/2007 1:09:25 PM

Reviewer: Peacewoman, 55-64 Female (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking 20 mgs of Lexapro for a year after starting out at 10 for 6 months. My sypmptoms were both anxiety and depression but when winter hit my SAD kicked in and uping the dose really helped. I have noticed no side effects whatsoever and am amazed at how much better I feel.

10/27/2007 11:28:07 PM

Reviewer: Cindy B, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Ive been taking this medication for the last 4 years and I feel that I can't live without it

10/27/2007 1:59:29 AM

Reviewer: Melodious, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
    I was on this drug for about 6 weeks and noticed a very positive change in my mood as well as less panic attacks with anxiety. However, right about the six week mark, I woke one morning to swelling in my hands and feet three times the normal size. I could not fit into my shoes. Also, my limbs ached terribly like I have never experienced before. My feet hurt to walk on our hardwood floor, I co ... Show Full Comment