Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo 28 oral.

7/8/2008 10:57:37 AM

Reviewer: Ipanema Gurl, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year

Comment:
I was on this birth control for 6 months and it worked very well for me. The only time I had break through bleeding was when I was on an antibiotic. That month's cycle was all screwed up so I used alternative birth control. Otherwise, it cleared up my acne. I stopped breaking out completely. I highly recommend it if you have had any adverse effects from higher dose birth control (which wa ... Show Full Comment

7/8/2008 12:11:03 AM

Reviewer: lovelyf2, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
i have been using OTC for 1 1/2 years and have had longer periods and have had really weird emotions while being on this pill.

6/21/2008 6:58:12 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I really have mixed feelings about this one. I took the OTC for 2 1/2 years. It made my periods very light and it even cleared up my acne. I am bad at taking the pill on time every day but it never failed me. On the other hand I did gain alot of weigt and just recently it has started causing me pregnancy like symptoms. My doctor just switched me to another birth coltrol to help me deal with this p ... Show Full Comment

6/2/2008 10:44:22 PM

Reviewer: dixievalkyrie, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Very easy to take, easy to pop out of the dialpak. Obviously works preventing pregnancy, but it makes me mega hungry and I have put on 20+ lbs on this drug. To be fair, I was starting an antidepressant around the same time, which is also rumored to cause weight gain. Did wonders for my acne, though. Also have noticeable issues achieving orgasm on this drug and NEVER had a problem before-later read ... Show Full Comment

5/14/2008 11:48:12 PM

Reviewer: sask-girl, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I started this during the summer of 2006. In December of 06, I got a little pink plus sign after I peed on the stick! lol Clearly didn't work for me, but I was happy while it was, as I didn't experience any negative side effects. I still feel blessed to have a beautiful girl, so I guess it worked out in my case.