Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo 28 oral.

5/12/2008 3:15:46 PM

Reviewer: firecrackerjess, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
i have been on otc lo for about 8 months and just recently for about 2 months i cant seen to stop bleeding.. its a very light flow but i absoulty hate it. I also had problems with it effecting my sex drive..

5/3/2008 1:12:28 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I had didn't experience weight gain, which I know is a concern for most. However, as others mentioned I also had a problem with low sex drive. I switched to regular ortho tri cyclen and had even lower (no) sex drive. My doctor thinks I need a low estrogen monophasic pill, so I'm trying Yaz tomorrow. Will update with a review on the Yaz board. Also it took about 6 months on ortho to make my ... Show Full Comment

5/2/2008 12:40:42 AM

Reviewer: Jessicab8787, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Well, when I first started on OTC lo it was pretty good for me with the whole period situation. My periods got better but I had extreme discomfort with the boils that were occuring every month on my arms and legs and I got pregnant!Couldn't get enough of the sex.... But now I'm giving it another shot and eventhough I still crave sex all day-my fiance' isn't complaing and it hasn ... Show Full Comment

4/30/2008 3:42:27 PM

Reviewer: Sarahabee, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have experienced a lower sex drive, to the point where that I do not want to have it at all. Is anyone else having this problem? I have been using some form of Birth control (pill form) for years & had to switch to this because I needed one with a lower dose of hormones & the planned parenthood that I go to stopped carrying the one I had been taking for years. I am really concerned about ... Show Full Comment

4/2/2008 10:54:42 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo for 5 years and just switched to the generic this month due to $. But I loved OTC Lo, it did the job for me and had no problems with breakthrough bleeding or spotting between periods, even when I didn't take it at exactly the same time every day. I loved the pill and will def. go back if I don't like the generic, I recommend it to anyone!