Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of metronidazole oral.

8/2/2015 6:24:24 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I'm took it for BV and my doctor wanted me to take it by mouth twice daily! By the fourth day it had cleared up! Only thing is that every night I would get this nasty taste in my mouth and on one day my urine got darker! There really wasn't any bad side effects! Take with food to reduce nausea!

7/27/2015 6:32:11 PM

Reviewer: bellis22, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I had a bad bv & took this. I love how fast it works. To prevent a yeast infection I am taking probiotics (eating yogurt and inserting plain yogurt in vagina) two hours after taking this pill. I am on day 4 and no more symptoms.. so far so great! The only side effect is sharp nasty taste in mouth throughout the day .

6/24/2015 9:54:59 PM

Reviewer: ASierra , 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I was recently diagnosed with BV and this is the 1st time I have been prescribed with drug. It has caused nausea and I had an upset stomach on day 1. I noticed my urine had darkened on day 2. This is THEE nastiest pill I have ever taken! It starts dissolving immediately after you put it in your mouth. The taste is indescribable. Now I take a sip of whatever I'm drinking fill my mouth up and th ... Show Full Comment

4/22/2015 9:28:46 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    The pills are not HUGE they are normal size pills. I have been taking this medication for several years now for BV and it is VERY effective. I have had no side effects or any other issues with this med. Recommended highly.

4/21/2015 11:43:06 PM

Reviewer: NO side effects, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I took this meds 500mg twice a day for 7 days and it worked like magic! After my first dosage it was very clear that it was working as my odor was gone,I used it in its entirety regardless of my almost instant improvements.I faced NO side effects NONE what so ever as my routine was quite simple right after breakfast I'd take the first dosage and after dinner I'd take the second, I also dra ... Show Full Comment