Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Nora-BE oral.

4/16/2012 7:20:20 PM

Reviewer: kay18, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years

Comment:
This is the first birth control I totally love. I've been on it for over 2 years. I take it on time every day at the same time. I never have my period unless I decide to take myself off the pill for a month just to cycle. I don't get any mood swing or have I gain any weight. It hasn't affected my breast size one bit. I'm 28 years old standing at 5'3 tall and weight 125 lbs. I&# ... Show Full Comment

4/12/2012 11:39:24 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Horrible mood swings, irritability and overly emotional. I'm a fairly even keeled person and this pill has made me feel so emotionally labile that my relationships have suffered. Also have had terrible cramps, heavy periods, unrelenting breast tenderness and lowered libido. This is my second time around with this pill and both rounds were awful.

3/28/2012 8:37:23 AM

Reviewer: Monica, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Nora BE for a year now, I am 47 yrs young. I am 5 ft tall petite. Was worried about gaining weight being on the pill, but only gained a few pounds. My breast sized increased alot. i hardly ever have a period now except for spotting once in awhile which i love about this birth control!!! Mild mood swings once in awhile nothing major and hair loss but am taking biotin to help with ... Show Full Comment

3/14/2012 1:58:09 AM

Reviewer: Female (Patient)

Comment:
Extremely emotional mood swings, increase in acne/pimples, heavier and unpredictable periods, stomach cramps/pain. This pill must be taken EXACTLY at the same time, each day to be most effective.. not practical for most people, including myself, not for me...I threw the pills away a few days ago. Still having serious mood swings but so glad to be off them. Never again!

2/15/2012 8:05:49 PM

Reviewer: likesnorabe, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I had been using Nuva Ring before this pill but had to go off it due to migranes. I had mild acne and regular periods before starting this pill and haven't noticed any change...if anything my periods have been slightly shorter/lighter. I did have 3 times when I had an "extra" period in a month but over a two year span of taking this pill I don't think its a big deal. The only ... Show Full Comment