Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Forteo SubQ.

9/8/2014 2:56:22 PM

Reviewer: hteach, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I took this drug for 4 months and have every side effect imagineable! I developed a SEVERE rash with blistering, burning, discharge, runny substance from the vulva, and ITCHING to the point that I bled. I have also had severe back, leg, and shoulder pain, weakness, muscle spasms, and serious fatigue!!

5/12/2014 7:59:07 PM

Reviewer: csoo42, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am 72 years old, have been taking Forteo for one year with no side effects except leg cramps at night and some lower back pain...latest dexa scan showed that Forteo is working and had the scan been one number lower, I would have moved out of osteoporosis back into osteopenia BUT I had an endoscopy today because food keeps getting caught in my throat causing me pain and ultimately to vomit. The ... Show Full Comment

4/2/2014 11:46:23 AM

Reviewer: rman975, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I stopped Forteo after 11 months because of worries about the rare bone cancer, but am considering taking it again. A bone scan after 6 months showed some improvement. I sometimes had VERY MILD back pain for a few minutes after injections. While on Forteo, I sometimes experienced more frequent urination. If your Dr. feels this is the best treatment for you, I would recommend it.

1/20/2014 4:20:12 PM

Reviewer: w.louise, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Took FORTEO for 28 days..super tired and then day 29 broke out with SHINGLES .Never had them before and 2 % to 6 % People have this reaction...dr. says NO try it again ! no way would I go thur hte 2 months of pain.

1/18/2014 7:33:22 PM

Reviewer: April, Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
My reason for reporting this is because of the change in my hair. I had curly hair. In the last 2 months the curl is gone and my hair has become wiry. A doctor has found no reason for the change since the only change in my lifestyle has been Forteo. I had been taking it for 6 months when the change was noted. Item 2 in this survey required that I answer it. Since I have been taking Forteo for only ... Show Full Comment

man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
Tips to kick the habit.
richly colored hair
What your hair says about your health?
Woman running
10 ways to boost your metabolism.
Girl drinking orange juice