Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Forteo SubQ.

7/10/2009 7:46:43 PM

Reviewer: babe, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I just finished 25 months of treatment-Dexa scan improved by 3 to 7 percent in hips and lumbar spine. Decreased bone denisity in rt. forearm-reason unknown. I had muscle cramps-severe first three months then less severe thoughtout treatment. Well worth it

7/7/2009 10:24:59 AM

Reviewer: eca, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have used Forteo for nearly 2 years due to significant bone loss. My endocrinologist and internist recommended this drug because of results of bone scans and due to 2 fractures in one year. I am anxious to stop use of it sonn because I feel it has contributed to weight gain, body mass. I'm 5 feet, 5 inches and now weigh 140 pounds. I also have Celiac Sprue and take 50000 units 1x per wee ... Show Full Comment

6/25/2009 4:02:43 PM

Reviewer: atlgal, 45-54 on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Forteo for 16 months. After 9 months my bone scan showed an increase from -3.0 to -2.5, which I think is a great result for such a short period of time. I hate needles, but I think the results are worth it. The only side effects I've experienced are sometimes it bruises or bleeds, but not often.

6/21/2009 10:07:56 AM

Reviewer: shirley, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
right now i'm having trouble with sores in my mouth.i've been on forteo for 14 months.

5/26/2009 11:40:44 PM

Reviewer: Simba, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I rated effectiveness a 3 because I have not been retested yet. I have been taking Forteo for 7 months with no side effects, discomfort, etc. I do know that my pain from 'roaming' osteoarthitis pain has been greatly reduced as have the frequency of the pain.