Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of forteo subq.

4/2/2014 11:46:23 AM

Reviewer: rman975, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I stopped Forteo after 11 months because of worries about the rare bone cancer, but am considering taking it again. A bone scan after 6 months showed some improvement. I sometimes had VERY MILD back pain for a few minutes after injections. While on Forteo, I sometimes experienced more frequent urination. If your Dr. feels this is the best treatment for you, I would recommend it.

1/20/2014 4:20:12 PM

Reviewer: w.louise, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Took FORTEO for 28 days..super tired and then day 29 broke out with SHINGLES .Never had them before and 2 % to 6 % People have this reaction...dr. says NO try it again ! no way would I go thur hte 2 months of pain.

1/18/2014 7:33:22 PM

Reviewer: April, Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
My reason for reporting this is because of the change in my hair. I had curly hair. In the last 2 months the curl is gone and my hair has become wiry. A doctor has found no reason for the change since the only change in my lifestyle has been Forteo. I had been taking it for 6 months when the change was noted. Item 2 in this survey required that I answer it. Since I have been taking Forteo for only ... Show Full Comment

12/11/2013 12:10:02 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
I have been on Forteo for 3 weeks (at which time I was VERY healthy and beyond full of energy). At that point I started getting a weird sensation in my chest that made me start coughing. I then got a pain that ran around my stomach and back. Within a couple of days I had a bad headache (most of the time) an upper respiratory infection, feeling tired a lot and diarrhea. Went to the Dr. (who was ... Show Full Comment

12/5/2013 3:44:41 AM

Reviewer: Nick, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Some sharp pains in muscles lasting seconds, nausea and dont know if blood pressure is high because of this medication