Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of forteo subq.

7/24/2015 7:34:26 PM

Reviewer: Carol, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I had 5 spinal compression fractures before Forteo was on market. Three doctors said a new drug is coming out that will be perfect for you. And Forteo was perfect for me. I took it for 2 years. I had no side effects. My Dexa showed improvement in my spine. No longer have osteoporosis in spine. Not as much improvement in my hips. 5 years later, my Dexa still shows improvement in my spine. Forteo i ... Show Full Comment

4/11/2015 5:52:05 PM

Reviewer: Marie, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I did the shots every night for 2 years. Had a bone scan after that period. It showed more bone loss than before doing the shots. I hated giving myself the shots every night.

3/5/2015 4:22:04 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause
11/2/2014 9:15:00 PM

Reviewer: EvaNurse, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
No side effects except that I had some leg cramps at the start of treatment. I increased my calcium supplement to 500 mg/day and the cramps went away. I've been on Forteo for 7 months and have had no fractures. I had three fractures in the year before going on Forteo, so this seems like a good result. I haven't had a DexaScan since starting Forteo, but my last DexaScan was very bad.

9/8/2014 2:56:22 PM

Reviewer: hteach, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I took this drug for 4 months and have every side effect imagineable! I developed a SEVERE rash with blistering, burning, discharge, runny substance from the vulva, and ITCHING to the point that I bled. I have also had severe back, leg, and shoulder pain, weakness, muscle spasms, and serious fatigue!!