Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Levulan topical.

5/23/2016 1:49:39 PM

Reviewer: Brian, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    This was the most painful thing I've ever done on purpose. While under the light it felt like a blowtorch on my face. Was pretty painful for about 3 days, and peeled for several weeks after. When it was all over though, my skin looked much better, so I can't say I'm dis-satisfied. Given my experience, I will not be doing this again though.

4/4/2016 4:58:13 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I think the first time is the worst. I've had it done 4 times on my face and it's less painful each time. Take a handheld mini fan and blow on your treated skin while under the light. I took extra strength Tylenol third time and fourth time after they applied chemical before the blue light.

3/22/2016 3:26:42 PM

Reviewer: leper, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Wasn't given a lot of info of the post procedure affects. If I had, I wouldn't have done this. I've had several lesions removed from my face and wanted to get it all done at once. This was recommended by my dermatologist. I had the treatment on Friday and now on Tuesday, the redness has increased, the peeling has increased, I have bloody spots and my face is coated in petroleum jel ... Show Full Comment

3/9/2016 6:39:52 PM

Reviewer: fuppy, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    The discomfort during treatment was only slightly above an itch in intensity. I don't know why, but I felt "wired" for several hours after treatment.

2/27/2016 12:39:03 PM

Reviewer: Deb, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I had my first treatment with Levulan. I was given No post instructions other that to stay indoors for 48 hours and use nothing except Vaseline on my face. I was not told what to expect after treatment and during treatment I was barely able to remain under the lights. I have had five neurosurgeries and am in no way a wimp but this was like sitting inside of the sun with bees stinging me as well ... Show Full Comment