Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Levulan Top.

3/27/2014 1:41:23 PM

Reviewer: KMS, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had this treatment yesterday, I told attendant I had sensitive skin. I noticed when checking on how to relieve burning pain, the directions said GENTLY CLEAN FACE BEFORE BLU RAY, SHE CLEANED MY FACE WITH GAUZE WHICH WAS HARSH. I AM VERY UNCOMFORTABLE TODAY.

3/15/2014 12:55:09 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I'm a red headed retired mailman with decades of sun exposure. Doctor recommended levulan to remove pre cancers. Technician said they had two different machines, one a 16 minute, the other a 4 minute model. She said she liked the 4 minute one. First she did my scalp an hour after levulan application. It hurt pretty bad and I was glad it only lasted 4 minutes. Then came the facial treatment. Th ... Show Full Comment

2/7/2014 9:17:54 AM

Reviewer: NCgirl, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had the PDT treatment on my face yesterday morning for AKs on my face. I am 45 yrs-old and sustained a good bit of sun damage for the first 30 years of my life. I have had three Mohs surgeries on my face since age 40 and I am trying to avoid any more surgeries going forward. I know everyone's experience is different, but I had read some very alarming patient reviews so I wanted to write a po ... Show Full Comment

2/3/2014 2:39:23 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Had two treatments 4 weeks apart. First round much harder than second. Very happy with the results. Had absolutely no discomfort sitting in front of the light. The second day is worse than the first and third day I started feeling "normal."

12/17/2013 10:12:25 PM

Reviewer: Marsha, 65-74 Female (Patient)

Comment:
In October I had my first Levulan Blu Light treatment for sun damage. I am 68 yr. old female. After reading previous reviews, I almost didn't have the treatment. It worked very well for me. Was back to normal with beautiful results in one week. I am very fair skinned and was really apprehensive about having this done. So glad I did.