Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mononessa (28) Oral.

12/1/2008 11:58:09 PM

Reviewer: mdiekhuis25, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Sprintec for about eight years when my mail order pharmacy switched me to Mononessa. On the third week of taking this pill, my right leg started to throb with pain constantly and I could barely walk. A day later, I noticed that my right leg was swollen compared to my left leg and I had tingling in it. I went to the hospital and they discovered a huge blood clot that started in my mid-t ... Show Full Comment

11/24/2008 10:45:52 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was switched by my pharmacy from Sprintec last month after having taken Sprintec for 2 1/2 years since my son was born. I have felt moody, dizzy, sooo tired and have had some wicked migraines (much worse than usual) - looking for something else!

11/23/2008 11:09:14 PM

Reviewer: nomorebabies, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I've experienced migraines every week of my period for the entire week. Bad. I am going to see a Neurologist to make sure it's the birth control. Overall I like the pill, just hate having to remember to take it every day! I was on the ring in the past and loved it but got my period every other week. Doc. said it didn't have enough hormones or something. I was very happy with the ring!

11/23/2008 12:57:36 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
I actually had been taking this pill for almost three months when out of nowhere, I began my menstrual cycle. The cycle lasted for almost a month, with lots of abdominal pains and lack of sleep. My doctor actually told me I was just "getting used to" the pill. I would not recommend anyone else try to "get used to" this pill--it seems more painful than successful.

8/21/2008 11:51:58 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I was given Mononessa instead of my normal Sprintec since the drug company stopped making it. I have expierenced spotting inbetween periods, have become physically more tired, and incressed headaches. I also don't feel myself and my energy has disapeared. I am thinking of talking with my doctor and having my medication changed. As a side note, I have read the other reviews on Mononessa and i a ... Show Full Comment