Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of montelukast Oral.

9/19/2013 9:12:19 PM

Reviewer: Tom B, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Just like most of the other reviews my company switched from Singulair to Montelukast and all my Asthma symptoms are back. I never had to use my Symbicort inhaler but now I need it everyday. I have used other generic drugs that work well but this drug is the worst.

8/6/2013 11:18:31 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My asthma was under control for over 13 years and when my insurance made me switch to the generic (the one manufactured by Glenmark) I was back to where I started. I was having to0 use my rescue inhaler 4 to 5 times a day. This drug caused me to be miserable on a trip to Oxford, England, which would have otherwise been quite enjoyable if I hadn't been so worn out from lack of breath and slee ... Show Full Comment

2/26/2013 9:13:42 AM

Reviewer: Cherie, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on singular for over 10 years, my insurance made me switch. This medicine doesn't work. A month after taking there genric all my symthpoms came back.

1/9/2013 2:46:18 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
This drug is terrible. I'm back to headaches tightness in my chest and wheezeing. I see my doctor the end of this month and I'm going to beg to be put back on singluar. My insurance will pay for it but at a tier 3 payment. I'll gladly pay the extra.

12/11/2012 1:11:33 PM

Reviewer: beshl, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken Singular for years and at times could almost forget I had asthma.A month ago my ins.company sent Montelukast instead. A week after I started using it I began to cough, sneeze,wheeze and have drainage and was back to where I started when I first started taking Singular. I am very unhappy with this drug. I might as well not take anything.