Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of montelukast oral.

2/26/2013 9:13:42 AM

Reviewer: Cherie, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on singular for over 10 years, my insurance made me switch. This medicine doesn't work. A month after taking there genric all my symthpoms came back.

1/9/2013 2:46:18 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    This drug is terrible. I'm back to headaches tightness in my chest and wheezeing. I see my doctor the end of this month and I'm going to beg to be put back on singluar. My insurance will pay for it but at a tier 3 payment. I'll gladly pay the extra.

12/11/2012 1:11:33 PM

Reviewer: beshl, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    I have taken Singular for years and at times could almost forget I had asthma.A month ago my ins.company sent Montelukast instead. A week after I started using it I began to cough, sneeze,wheeze and have drainage and was back to where I started when I first started taking Singular. I am very unhappy with this drug. I might as well not take anything.

11/13/2012 10:57:19 AM

Reviewer: wsmolano, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I've been taking Singulair for years for allergic asthma and was forced to switch to Montelukast, the generic, when it came out in Sept. this year. Since I started taking it, my allergy symptoms have all returned with a vengeance, and it's as if I'm taking a placebo. Not effective at all. I've called my doctor and am waiting to see what trials we'll have to go through to get ... Show Full Comment

10/11/2012 7:46:50 PM

Reviewer: Gerseygal, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    My insurance did not want to pay for my singular. So I was given this drug. I thought I was going to die last night, my heart was pounding, I was sweating, and felt sick. I should have called 911, stupid me. My hearing went and I sat on the floor for 1 hour. I went back to my MD today and she said I had a allergic reaction.I had a EKG, she said my heart was a little fast and my skin is flushed. I ... Show Full Comment