Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Novolog Flexpen subQ.

10/18/2012 8:59:12 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Aboutf three weeks after I started taking Novolog 70/30 and taking a Sandostatin shot for my carconoid tumors in my liver,the next day my upper arms and shoulders start hurting and have not stopped until now. Could it be something in the Novolog 70/30 that I was reacting to?

9/21/2012 9:10:42 PM

Reviewer: alfnelle, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Some pens are super and others I wonder if they are not sending the amount of insulin I have programmed it to send. Some pens I consistently see high Blood Sugar readings. I am experimenting with changing the pen to see if that makes a difference.

7/8/2012 12:26:18 PM

Reviewer: Moonshyne, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
We are experiencing difficulty having confidence with the pen. We have watched the "how to video" to be sure we are doing it correctly. The pen seldom if ever reaches zero with a single push of the button (usually 2-3 times). We always do the air shot to be sure the tip is not clogged! Is any one else having this issue? We simply can't be sure how much insulin has been given!

3/14/2012 8:22:40 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
The NovoLog FlexPen is very easy to use and convenient, especially when I'm away from home. It works quickly, and overall, I feel much more in control of my blood sugar. It's much better than the pills that I had used for years.

3/12/2012 12:50:34 PM

Reviewer: leduck, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I didn't give it the overall 5 stars because I'm not sure if it is in fact the Novolog that is working in my case or the combination that I also take Levemir insulin and the drug Metformin. My AIC has also dropped from 12 to 6.8. I do find it annoying in any case to have to prepare and take the drug before I put any food into my mouth. But that, of course, isn't the drugs fault, it' ... Show Full Comment