Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Accutane Oral.

12/20/2007 7:47:21 AM

Reviewer: Kira, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am now 39 years old. I had Accutane when I was 13 years old. Big cystic acne everywhere on my body. This pill was the best thing since sliced bread. So what I had to take oil baths and extra chapstick. I had it so bad I looked like a freak. Since taking Accutane, I have not had a break out or cysts in 26 years. I was very greatfull, and now I've had to put my son on it due to genetics of cys ... Show Full Comment

12/19/2007 9:40:48 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
This medication should be pulled off the pharmacy shelves and permenently banned use on human beings. This medication permentantly dried my out skin that even though it's been ten years since my last dose of Accutane, my skin looks ten to twenty years older than my actual age. I use the most concentrated skin care creams I could find in order to keep my skin from cracking and it is still flake ... Show Full Comment

12/9/2007 5:36:02 PM

Reviewer: katen0707, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My skin is now perfect, but while on Accutane I had bad night vision and sore muscles. Worth the few months of pain and dryness for clear skin.

12/9/2007 12:55:12 PM

Reviewer: MikeB, 19-24 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This is a great drug. Nothing else worked for me. I was told to avoid Vitamin A while on Accutane so I had to stop my multivitamin. Fortunately, I found ebA Multivitamin Supplement, which is a Vit A-free multivitamin that I was able to take.

12/8/2007 3:00:59 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This medicine really drys you out, so it's best to give up sodas and coffee and anything else that can dehydrate you while taking accutane and be sure to drink LOTS of water. While I still get an occasional pimple, it is more likely to be from lack of care of my face than anything else and I haven't had a true breakout since I completed my 6 mo on this medicine.