Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of isotretinoin oral.

1/3/2011 2:31:44 PM

Reviewer: lerae, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    At age 37 I finally took this drug to treat acne I've had since 6th grade. I wish I would have done this 20 years ago, I LOVE IT. Yes, lips are chapped, skin is dry, but NO PIMPLES!! Even the old acne scars and pits seem to be smoothing out and fading. My skin feels smoother now than it has in years. No other side effects have been noticed. (I wonder if people with bad side effects took ... Show Full Comment

6/30/2010 12:38:33 PM

Reviewer: Sheddy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have had acne issues since college (now 32). Nothing worked. So, my dermatologist suggested Accutane. He suggested a 4 month treatment. I have now been on it for 3 1/2 months and I have seen little progress. My dermatologist assures me that it will clear up within the month. However, I am growing weary. In the first few months I experienced mood swings,bouts of anger and crying spells. I am stil ... Show Full Comment

5/3/2010 4:35:07 PM

Reviewer: NBMN, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been using isotretinoin for just 3 weeks--my skin has lost its oily shine, I have only had one new pimple in the last week. My lips are chapped & I drink tons of water, but no other side effects. After 30 years of acne, this is like a miracle! I have had numerous comments on how great my skin looks. VERY pleased!

11/21/2009 4:32:54 PM

Reviewer: xx, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I underwent a course of isotretinoin after having moderate acne that wasn't helped by other oral or external treatments. The severity of the drug makes it a serious commitment, but I'm very satisfied with the results. It has been 2 years, and I very rarely have trouble with acne. When I do, it is mild and most often simply stress or hormone- related. I'm very satisfied.

11/17/2009 3:58:05 PM

Reviewer: jasper1, 13-18 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    It takes a while to work but in the end it really does give u the satifaction that is needed.