Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of aldactone oral.

2/28/2014 10:49:49 AM

Reviewer: none, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My dermatologist prescribed 100mg once daily for acne. I've only been taking this for a week or so, so I've not noticed any improvement yet. The reason I came to this site was to check side effects--It seems to be affecting my period in that I am still having mild spotting 1 week after my period usually stops. I do see that "menstrual changes" are a side effect, but no one els ... Show Full Comment

1/31/2014 4:32:47 AM

Reviewer: rykris143, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I take 50mg of this drug twice daily for the treatment of acne. In combination with Minocycline and a retinoid cream, it has completely gotten rid of the acne! I've been on this medication regimen for nine months and noticed significant results after about 2-3 months. **The only downside so far is that the pill itself smells and tastes like a skunk!

1/24/2013 7:11:33 PM

Reviewer: Jungles, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
On drug 3 months odd for acne only (doctor prescribed). Have seen no improvement. Today I had a juice in the morning pre tablet with some spinach added at the end. I went for my walk and felt really nauseous then vomited twice on my walk - the second time down to the bile. As meds increase potassium and spinach is high in potassium - suspect this casued the problem. As my acne is mild though s ... Show Full Comment

8/13/2012 11:25:45 PM

Reviewer: Jnik, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this medication for my hormone related acne. I have struggled with it my whole life. It is a miracle drug so far and no side effects.

5/6/2012 11:14:34 AM

Reviewer: Kathy T., 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was given a generic for aldactone 25 mg for acne. I'm almost 62. I found it most helpful. I've been on it for over 2 weeks. I have been crying about 25 times a day over just about anything. I'm emotional anyway, but this is way out of control. Any comments PLEASE. Thanks. It has also softened my facial and leg hair.

Does your kid have symptoms?