Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Antabuse Oral.

8/15/2008 12:05:41 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
red ithcy skin. shortness of breath and sick as a dog...all that just using after shave on face after shaving...this shit will kill you if your not carefull..it should be ILLEGAL to prescribe this bullshit

8/13/2008 2:00:00 PM

Reviewer: thekid, Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
this drug works only because of my FEAR of the sickness that occurs when you mix it with alcohol. currently on this for over 90 days, haven't had a drink in over a year. but Man, i'm thirsty, i just can't trust myself on the juice anymore and the temptation is too grteat so i had my Dr. put me on antabuse.

8/9/2008 7:12:45 PM

Reviewer: Lovesalatte, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
So far so good. I've been on this medication for two weeks now. I have experienced, dizziness, extreme fatigue, sleepiness, and dry mouth...very thirsty! Otherwise, all is well. I am getting through the rough parts, as mentioned above, now I am trying to search for the personal hygeine products that I CAN use. You know what I mean? Well, good luck to all.

7/7/2008 6:25:44 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am so terrified I will vomit if I drink that it keeps me from drinking. It does not remove the cravings in fact I find them intensified! I wonder how long one needs to be off it before they can drink again. My doctor says 2 weeks but I bet it's less than that. I haven't had any side effects from the 250 mg. dose I take in the morning.

7/5/2008 3:08:05 PM

Reviewer: Jen, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medication for almost 60 days at 250mg. At this dose I have only experienced mild abdominal discomfort. I began at 250 mg, but found I was still able to have a sip of alcohol and not experience the side effects. I spoke with my doctor and upped the dose to 500 mg, but found the abdominal discomforts to be too great and went back down to 250mg. I have been sober for 20 days ... Show Full Comment

Does your kid have symptoms?