Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Antabuse.

10/24/2008 7:09:42 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Habit of Drinking Too Much Alcohol
10/21/2008 8:19:13 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This is not an experiment to see if one can get over on the med. A sincere desire to stay sober is required. I am happy to say I have had no ill side effects. I recommend this drug to people who truely want to live a sober life, and deal with lifes issues as they are dealt to us. Using a recovery program is also a priceless tool.

10/15/2008 4:10:06 PM

Reviewer: will power is nontoxic, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After taking the drug for a week, I drank. The result was unpleasant - numbness in face, flushing, dizzy. BUT, it wasn't enough to stop me from drinking. So I drank again on it. That time, I remember nothing until I woke up in a jail cell, the entire side of my head swollen and black and blue with my eye swollen shut and nobody willing to give me information on how I got that way. It took two ... Show Full Comment

9/25/2008 2:15:40 PM

Reviewer: lojo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Habit of Drinking Too Much Alcohol
9/24/2008 1:25:03 AM

Reviewer: poofpoof, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I didn't drink for a while on antabuse. Then one day I tried a beer a day after taking my 500mg dosage. Within about 5-10 minutes,my face felt flush, my heartrate increased, until eventually, it felt like there was an anvil on my chest. My hands and feet became incredibly itchy, but I did not vomit. There have been a few occasions where I have drank within a day or 2 of taking antabuse and a ... Show Full Comment