Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of artane oral.

7/16/2011 11:36:27 AM

Reviewer: Kattee, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have closed-mouth dystonia. All this drug did for me was make me want to sleep all time.

3/6/2011 4:50:43 PM

Reviewer: MGwilliam, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I suffer from Dystonia. After trying several treatment options over 2yrs, Artane has been the most successful at eleminating the muscle spasms and relaxing things. The side effects for me include mild depression, drossiness, constipation, memory loss, however the benefits do outweigh the side effects. I keep fighting!!

10/21/2010 12:15:21 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

10/15/2009 8:38:57 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have benign essential blepharospasm and cervical dystonia. I was nearly blind from the severe spasms. I began taking artane about 8 years ago and it made all the difference in the world for my ability to see. The spasms better controlled and as a result I was able to go back to work. I also had much more energy to do things. The drawbacks from the medication were the dry mouth and constipation a ... Show Full Comment

9/14/2009 7:17:26 PM

Reviewer: Lucky, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year

Comment:
I was having to get Botox injections in my neck muscle every three months for cervical dystonia and after I started the Artane and had been on it for approx 5 months, I was able to discontinue the Botox injections. It does affect my short term memory somewhat but that is better than constant pain in my neck and my head being pulled to one side (very embarrassing)