Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ativan oral.

2/6/2008 7:01:11 PM

Reviewer: john f, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
    I was having anxiety attacks about my wife's upcoming surgery. Within 1 1/2 hours of taking the first dose my symptoms were greatly releaved.

2/7/2008 5:57:39 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    Initially started when diagnosed with lung cancer and starting chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Worked well for preventing nausea and vomiting during treatments but now it has been 7 months I've been on it and am trying to stop taking it. It isn't helping my anxiety anymore so I'm taking 1/2 of a 1mg. tablet once or twice a day. I am having a very hard time with my nerves. Also, ... Show Full Comment

2/6/2008 9:18:47 PM

Reviewer: Bonnie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Caregiver)

Comment:
    I have been on 1mg.aday for at least 15 years, for anxiety and being so hyper active to the point where I talk faster than I can think. This has been a wonder drug to me. It makes me feel and act what I call "normal" My doctor and I have discussed I may have ADHD.

2/5/2008 7:34:39 PM

Reviewer: Mary, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    I feel that Ativan is an excellent drug! I have GAD, Bipolar and PTSD! Along with my other medications, Ativan taken on an as needed basis and always at night for sleep it really helps me to calm down and releave tension. As anyone with GAD you feel as if you are "A CAT ON A HOT TIM ROOF" (edgy). Resulting in many headaches and mood swings that can sometimes make the attacks worse. So ta ... Show Full Comment

2/3/2008 2:31:08 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I was prescibed Adivan for GAD. After suffering for my entire 51 years with GAD the Adivan settled me down with no side effects. I have also started Lamical which in combination has settled down my mood swings. Both are very effective in my case and the mental health MD I am seeing has nailed it in my case.