Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Colestid oral.

9/20/2015 9:56:51 PM

Reviewer: Snilod, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have mycroescopic colitis. After suffering with very acerbic loose stools for over a year my GI Dr. recommended cloistid. It does firm up the initial bm but immediately or shortly after the firm bm I go back to the looser movement...although the acerbic quality is gone. Also it seems I bruise and bleed more easily. I am not on a blood thinner.

5/13/2014 10:00:13 AM

Reviewer: Mimi, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking Colestid for 30 years and it made my life normal. I only have to take 5g in the morning which I mix with Citrucel fiber therapy. The Citrucel helps with the constipation associated with Colestid and I very rarely have the cramps and diarrhea that made my life miserable.

3/13/2014 6:17:53 PM

Reviewer: jk, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I take this because I have Crohn's disease. I take the pill form. works well and is easy to take. just make sure to drink with a full glass of water.

10/29/2013 12:09:29 PM

Reviewer: 4tgI82, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Due to having Ankylosing Spondylitis, a form of Arthritis. Having AS we tend to have other health issues with this. Had Gallbladder removed years ago. Plus several intestinal surgeries. But my last intestinal surgery, the chronic diarrhea really got worst! My surgeon wouldn't listen to me! I lost over 75 pounds!! Went to see a Gastroenteritis, had both test of inner & outter done found not ... Show Full Comment

4/3/2013 1:46:36 AM

Reviewer: Tam M, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have had IBS w/D every since I was 16, but wasn't diagnosed with it until I was in my 30's. Nothing had seemed to help, but Colestid seems to be helping, even though I still sometimes go to the bathroom 3 times a day, but it is more formed. My new doctor prescribed the granules and oh boy...I have tried almost everything but still have a very difficult time taking this without gagging or ... Show Full Comment