Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Colestid Oral.

5/13/2014 10:00:13 AM

Reviewer: Mimi, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Colestid for 30 years and it made my life normal. I only have to take 5g in the morning which I mix with Citrucel fiber therapy. The Citrucel helps with the constipation associated with Colestid and I very rarely have the cramps and diarrhea that made my life miserable.

3/13/2014 6:17:53 PM

Reviewer: jk, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I take this because I have Crohn's disease. I take the pill form. works well and is easy to take. just make sure to drink with a full glass of water.

10/29/2013 12:09:29 PM

Reviewer: 4tgI82, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Due to having Ankylosing Spondylitis, a form of Arthritis. Having AS we tend to have other health issues with this. Had Gallbladder removed years ago. Plus several intestinal surgeries. But my last intestinal surgery, the chronic diarrhea really got worst! My surgeon wouldn't listen to me! I lost over 75 pounds!! Went to see a Gastroenteritis, had both test of inner & outter done found not ... Show Full Comment

4/3/2013 1:46:36 AM

Reviewer: Tam M, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have had IBS w/D every since I was 16, but wasn't diagnosed with it until I was in my 30's. Nothing had seemed to help, but Colestid seems to be helping, even though I still sometimes go to the bathroom 3 times a day, but it is more formed. My new doctor prescribed the granules and oh boy...I have tried almost everything but still have a very difficult time taking this without gagging or ... Show Full Comment

9/16/2012 11:39:05 AM

Reviewer: Jay, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I had my gallbladder removed in 1971 at age 19. I had chronic diarrhea for 30 years before I was put on the Colestid. It has saved my life. Only problem I have is it gives me horrible, earth rumbling farting! Guess it's a pay off but whew! Wish there was something that helped with the gas from it.

man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
Tips to kick the habit.
richly colored hair
What your hair says about your health?
Woman running
10 ways to boost your metabolism.
Girl drinking orange juice