Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Colestid oral.

2/26/2009 10:44:32 AM

Reviewer: velvet, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    i was prescribed this medication from my gastrointerologist for severe diarrhea associated with irritable bowel syndrome because nothing else has worked. it usually works well but the granules are like sand in your mouth-not very tasty.

12/9/2008 5:39:18 PM

Reviewer: Windy, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been given this drug (by my doctor) to treat chronic diarrhea. It helps with the symptoms, but does not cure my condition. As soon as I stop taking this drug, the diarrhea returns.

12/2/2008 8:12:01 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Multiple stools following cholecystectomy have been effectively controlled with use of Colestipol. This, after 8 years of misery!!!

6/10/2008 11:28:16 PM

Reviewer: elise, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I had my gall bladder out in 2003 to help with severe stool/stomach problems. (I think the doctors wanted my money)Anyways after my surgery my condition still existed, calling it IBS. So my doctor put me on colestid, it has been a life saver. If I miss a day I can plan on sitting in the bathroom all day. My biggest fear no is that a new doctor wants me to stop taking it while I'm pregnant b ... Show Full Comment

4/30/2008 1:23:55 PM

Reviewer: cbbmiller, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking this med for 8 years now. I had my gullbladder removed in 1996 and had terrible stomach problems. I couldn't eat anything without being near a bathroom. I went to a specialist that recomended Colestid. From the first day I started the med, I never had another problem. This pill has been a life saver for me. Always remember to take the pill. If you miss one dose, you can plan ... Show Full Comment

handful of vegetables and vitamins
    Diet tips and mistakes.