Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of colestipol Oral.

9/3/2011 6:53:15 PM

Reviewer: fluffynotstuffy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had my gall bladder removed 13 years ago; have struggled with acid reflux disease and IBS [Irritable Bowel Syndrome] and spastic colitis since I was about 14 and diagnosed...I am 53 now. I was living large on Immodium and it got to a point where it wasn't working at all and I just would NOT go ANYwhere! This medicine, although I have only been on it about weeks now, has been a miracle! ... Show Full Comment

7/26/2011 8:02:18 PM

Reviewer: njc, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this drug to reduce bile and diarrhea after gall bladder removal. It has worked very well in the pill form. I also try to avoid high-fat/rich foods. If I splurge on the food a little, I take an extra pill.

6/27/2011 2:03:32 PM

Reviewer: Debbie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had my gallbladder removed 33 years and I have suffered from diarrhea to chronic diarrhea for up to 43 days in a row. After being on the powdered version of this drug for a month I have been on Colestipol 2 pills twice a day for 2 weeks and I am back to normal after 33 years. It is amazing to have a life again. I lived on 12-15 Amodium AD for almost 20 years and that was terrible but I don ... Show Full Comment

11/10/2010 7:49:40 PM

Reviewer: Ann, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I take it as I had my gallbladder removed and had diarhea. I want to know if this is a statin drug. I take colestipol

10/13/2010 6:49:34 PM

Reviewer: slammer1005, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Was prescribed for ibs-d and it did help me in that respect but my blood pressure went sky high and I had muscle aches. Mr dr. took me off the medication.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.