Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of colestipol oral.

11/10/2010 7:49:40 PM

Reviewer: Ann, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I take it as I had my gallbladder removed and had diarhea. I want to know if this is a statin drug. I take colestipol

10/13/2010 6:49:34 PM

Reviewer: slammer1005, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Was prescribed for ibs-d and it did help me in that respect but my blood pressure went sky high and I had muscle aches. Mr dr. took me off the medication.

6/24/2010 9:09:20 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medication for almost 13 years now. 1 GM 3 times a day. I was diagnosed with colitis. Most of the time it works good for me but there are days when I have to take as many as 6 to get my bowels under control. I lost 20 pounds in 3 months before diagnosis and I only weigh 98 pounds now so I know if I could not get this medication I would likely be dead within 2 years. I would ... Show Full Comment

2/20/2010 8:42:49 AM

Reviewer: ajd, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Due to bladder cancer, I have a neo bladder which is made from 50cms of small bowel. Eight months post surgery, I had daily diarrea issues. My Gastroenterologist recommended Colestipol and I've been on it twice daily for 30 days and have seen a dramatic improvement. I can go out for extended periods of time again without the need of a close bathroom.

12/22/2009 1:25:50 AM

Reviewer: shorde, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I haven't even been taking this for 1 month yet but I can def. tell the difference. I had my gallbladder removed after having my 2nd baby and a year later was having diarrhea still. My diarrhea wasn't every day but it was enough to make you mad. Every time I would try to go somewhere I would have to turn around and come home. I couldn't wear my seatbelt in the car. And if I knew I had ... Show Full Comment