Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of colestipol oral.

9/3/2011 6:53:15 PM

Reviewer: fluffynotstuffy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I had my gall bladder removed 13 years ago; have struggled with acid reflux disease and IBS [Irritable Bowel Syndrome] and spastic colitis since I was about 14 and diagnosed...I am 53 now. I was living large on Immodium and it got to a point where it wasn't working at all and I just would NOT go ANYwhere! This medicine, although I have only been on it about weeks now, has been a miracle! ... Show Full Comment

7/26/2011 8:02:18 PM

Reviewer: njc, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I was prescribed this drug to reduce bile and diarrhea after gall bladder removal. It has worked very well in the pill form. I also try to avoid high-fat/rich foods. If I splurge on the food a little, I take an extra pill.

6/27/2011 2:03:32 PM

Reviewer: Debbie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I had my gallbladder removed 33 years and I have suffered from diarrhea to chronic diarrhea for up to 43 days in a row. After being on the powdered version of this drug for a month I have been on Colestipol 2 pills twice a day for 2 weeks and I am back to normal after 33 years. It is amazing to have a life again. I lived on 12-15 Amodium AD for almost 20 years and that was terrible but I don ... Show Full Comment

11/10/2010 7:49:40 PM

Reviewer: Ann, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I take it as I had my gallbladder removed and had diarhea. I want to know if this is a statin drug. I take colestipol

10/13/2010 6:49:34 PM

Reviewer: slammer1005, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Was prescribed for ibs-d and it did help me in that respect but my blood pressure went sky high and I had muscle aches. Mr dr. took me off the medication.