Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of hydrocortisone Oral.

3/10/2011 2:00:30 PM

Reviewer: Female (Patient)

Comment:
I have to say that this drug has saved my life. I do have some side effects, GERD, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, but considering I was diagonosed 40 years ago, I consider it a miracle that I am still alive. Trick to keeping weight down........tons of fiber and water. In 40 years I have only had a net gain of 20 lbs.

6/13/2010 12:50:34 PM

Reviewer: mgs, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
i have taken this med 4 20 yrs and feel great. without this medicine i could not function. i am able to do daily activities and live a normal live.

5/2/2010 10:51:49 PM

Reviewer: christy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have addisons disease & Celiac disease. This medication has cut back on my Emergency room visits. I am very upset & disappointed over the 70 lb wieght gain over a 2 1/2 yr of trmt. I wish there was something that works minus the weight gain. I think at some point i am going to pop! & when does the weight gain stop? The dr. says atleast my levels are better. =/ that'd be true ... Show Full Comment

4/14/2010 1:30:20 PM

Reviewer: Kellieh, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
If I miss a dose I will feel it! I will feel sick and dizzy. I am easily nauseated when I miss a dose. Besides human error, this drug works great when used correctly.

6/22/2009 1:30:30 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor said I was borderline for having Addisons disease. I took an Adrenal saliva test which came back stating that I wasn't releasing enough corisol. I take a couple mg 3x a day and I hate it! I have gained 10lbs. I am very anxious, moody, swollen, super tired, fatigue and nausea like crazy. I want an alternative drug!!! :( Any ideas?

man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
Tips to kick the habit.
richly colored hair
What your hair says about your health?
Woman running
10 ways to boost your metabolism.
Girl drinking orange juice