Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of hydrocortisone oral.

3/10/2011 2:00:30 PM

Reviewer: Female (Patient)

Comment:
I have to say that this drug has saved my life. I do have some side effects, GERD, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, but considering I was diagonosed 40 years ago, I consider it a miracle that I am still alive. Trick to keeping weight down........tons of fiber and water. In 40 years I have only had a net gain of 20 lbs.

6/13/2010 12:50:34 PM

Reviewer: mgs, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
i have taken this med 4 20 yrs and feel great. without this medicine i could not function. i am able to do daily activities and live a normal live.

5/2/2010 10:51:49 PM

Reviewer: christy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have addisons disease & Celiac disease. This medication has cut back on my Emergency room visits. I am very upset & disappointed over the 70 lb wieght gain over a 2 1/2 yr of trmt. I wish there was something that works minus the weight gain. I think at some point i am going to pop! & when does the weight gain stop? The dr. says atleast my levels are better. =/ that'd be true ... Show Full Comment

4/14/2010 1:30:20 PM

Reviewer: Kellieh, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
If I miss a dose I will feel it! I will feel sick and dizzy. I am easily nauseated when I miss a dose. Besides human error, this drug works great when used correctly.

6/22/2009 1:30:30 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor said I was borderline for having Addisons disease. I took an Adrenal saliva test which came back stating that I wasn't releasing enough corisol. I take a couple mg 3x a day and I hate it! I have gained 10lbs. I am very anxious, moody, swollen, super tired, fatigue and nausea like crazy. I want an alternative drug!!! :( Any ideas?

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.